Baking project last night, sambil2 tunggu wife layan drama Trilogi Cinta kat TV1... sempat la siapkan kek ni.... Resepi ni ambik kat sini Miss Angel, tapi sebab takde stok bluberry cake ni jadi la camgini.....mr.mama tukar letak kismis... overall sedap lemak2 tak berapa manis sangat, sedap dingap masa panas2.... boleh cuba kepada yang berminat. Terima kasih kepada tuan empunya resepi ..... miss Angel dan minta izin cnp di sini.
1 cup sugar (80% filled)(about 160g-170g)
(C) – sift together
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 small tub yogurt (125g-150g) + milk = 1 cup OR 1 cup yogurt (either plain or flavoured is fine)
1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
(E)1½ cups fresh blueberries
1) Beat (A) till creamy and fluffy.
2) Add (B), one at a time, mix well before each addition.
3) Fold in (C) alternate with (D) in 3 to 4 additions, beat till just incorporated. Do not over mix.
4) Pour the batter in a greased 9"x5" loaf pan.. Arrange (E) on top. Do not press.
5) Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 50-60 mins or until a skewer inserted and comes out clean (mine was cooked in 55 mins). Cool on wire rack.
1) If I were to make this cake again I will probably add more lemon juice because I like to have it to be a bit tangy. I didn't want to add lemon zest because I didn't want it to overwhelm the blueberries.
2) I used a non-stick black loaf pan. As heat will be absorbed more quickly with dark colour non-stick surface, I baked at 180C for the first 5 mins and reduced to 160C-155C thereafter. I usually reduce the oven temperature 20C to 25C lower when baking with this pan.
This cake tasted best the next day. Happy baking!